My journey dealing with secondary infertility in this crazy fertile world.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Spending Labor Day Wishing for Labor

So I had more pain on my right side last week. I broke down and called my gyne, but the nurse there basically said not to worry. Easier said than done! The pain persisted so much that Saturday night I ended up in the emergency room. They had me so scared as they rolled me down to ultrasound to check for an ovarian torsion. Luckily, but not so luckily, I just have cysts on ovaries. Good and bad news at the same time. At least it wasn't the torsion that would require surgery.Came home Sunday afternoon and was vomiting but figured it was due to the pain meds. By Monday I was projectile vomiting along with other symptoms that I will leave to the imagination. Back to the hospital I went since it was Labor Day. I was severely dehydrated so they gave me an IV, but I felt this visit was pretty inconclusive. They speculated about several reasons for the pain and sickness, but I am still unsure. I am definitely feeling a lot better. I hope it wasn't the femara that caused me to become so violently ill. I doubt it will even work this month due to the fact that I threw most of it up as well as they cysts. Oh well...I have an u/s scheduled on Tues to check for ovulation. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I know this is an older post, but I feel SO sorry for you!!! I too went to the ER (I was just on 100mg Clomid at the time) from severe pain... lo and behold, cysts on each ovary, blood & fluid in my abdomen. No vomiting, though. I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience!!! Glad to have found your site.